Creating a Page in WordPress
In this post we will be explaining the steps for creating a page in WordPress and publishing it.
Step 1 : Login to WordPress Dashboard
Go to WordPress admin area (Dashboard). Go to Pages -> All Pages.
Step 2:Creating page
This will show you the default page, which is already present ‘Sample Page’. Click on ‘Add New’.
Step 3 : Customize Page
Step 4 : Writing the content
There are two way you could write the contents in page
- Visual: You can choose the text formatting options like font, font size, bold etc.
- Text: The formatting’s will be added using HTML tags. You need to have some HTML knowledge to use this option.
Once you write content, you could view how the behavior of code will be shown by clicking the ‘Visual’ tab.
Step 5 : Publish the page
Click on the ‘Publish’ button once you write the contents on page.
- Edit: Will allow you to edit the page
- Quick Edit: Same as above, however entire page will not appear, instead a small window appear to edit.
- Trash: Will delete the page.
- View: You could view the entire page.